Your first task is to investigate the path to the White House. You will illustrate the steps an individual takes from the point of announcing his/her candidacy to the final election. You must creatively show these steps on a poster. THE DUE DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN CLASS.
Now that you have found how a candidate makes it to the White House, it is time to understand how the voting process works. Below are some questions for you to answer to help you in this process. THE DUE DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN CLASS.
You must answer these questions alone, on filler paper. Please write the question first, then the answer. This may also be typed.
1. Why was the Electoral College established?
2. How and when are the electors chosen?
3. How is each state's allotments of electors determined?
4. Where and when do the electors meet to vote?
5. When does the Congress meet to conduct an official tally of electoral votes?
6. Roughly how many electors should be appointed for the eighth grade?
When these questions have been answered, we will review them in class. You will then prepare a two-minute persuasive speech Once you have completed this portion of the project, you will understand how an individual progresses to the White House as President. In addition, you will have an in depth knowledge of how our democratic system works! Then it will be on to the ISSUES!!!
addressing the question,"Should the Electoral College be abolished?" The sites above will contain information to help you decide. If time permits, this issue may become the topic of a formal debate.